"The American Booksellers Association today announces the winners of the inaugural Indies Choice Book Awards. Formerly the Book Sense Book of the Year Awards, the new Indies Choice Book Awards reflect the spirit of independent bookstores nationwide through new categories and a broader range of winners and honor books..."
And the winners are
- Best Indie Buzz Book (Fiction): The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (The Dial Press)
- Best Conversation Starter (Nonfiction): The Wordy Shipmates, by Sarah Vowell (Riverhead)
- Best Author Discovery: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski (Ecco)
- Best Indie Young Adult Buzz Book (Fiction): The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins)
- Best New Picture Book: Bats at the Library, by Brian Lies (Houghton Mifflin)
- Most Engaging Author: Sherman Alexie
All GREAT stories.
More information can be found here.