During the record-breaking Valentine's 2003 weekend storm, I read memoirs of folks sailing around the world. It made me feel warm. THIS storm (that finished last night a bit before 5pm) was almost as bad as Valentine's 2003. Not quite there, though. I had on hand:
- Douglas Preston's Impact
- Charles Stross' Family Trade
- (both by Macmillan Publishing, they of the very public eBook spat with Amazon)
- Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey - which reminds me of a satire of 1984. Darker than his usual work.
- Emily Giffin's Love the One You're With - this one comes out soon. The protagonist runs into her first love and starts to wonder What If?
- A collection of snippets from the mystery publisher Soho - called the Soho Sampler. VERY good stuff.